Our professionals regularly serve as expert witnesses in complex litigation matters and assist counsel to develop and support a wide range of legal issues. Essential to each of our matters is a thorough and deep understanding of the inter-relationship between the financial, economic and industry related issues of each case.
Mackinac Partners experience encompasses a wide range of disputes, including:
- Insolvency-Related: Avoidance Actions (Fraudulent Conveyance and Preference Actions), Bankruptcy Litigation, Directors’ and Officers’ Liability, Examiners’ Investigations
- M&A-Related: Post-Acquisition Disputes, Purchase Price Adjustments, Shareholder Disputes, Statutory Appraisal
- Other: Accounting Matters, Breach of Contract, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Intellectual Property, Lender Liability, Professional Malpractice
Our staff is uniquely qualified to assist in these matters, bringing keen business insight and deep-rooted analytical expertise to the most difficult situations. We support counsel in various capacities from consultants to expert witnesses – all the while providing prompt detailed service throughout the duration of a matter. Our professionals are well versed in financial operations, M&A, accounting, fraud, security and related regulatory compliance and have experience working with many Fortune 500 companies and prominent accounting and consulting firms prior to joining the firm.
Many of our professionals hold advanced degrees and certifications including, Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor (CIRA), Certification in Distressed Business Valuation (CDBV) and FINRA 7, 24 and 79 registrations.
Mackinac Partners brings a wide range of industry expertise and specialized experience to bear in our cases, including the following:
- Clients: Attorneys, Boards, Committees, Companies, Creditors, Debtors, Examiners, Independent Directors, Litigation Trusts, Regulators, and other parties to litigation, investigations or disputes.
- Service Areas: Complex Business Disputes, Investigation of Causes of Action, Financial and Economic Damages, Expert Testimony
- Functional Expertise: Finance, Accounting, Valuation, Economics, Marketing, Management
Our team of professionals is also skilled in litigation preparation and arbitration, from early case assessment and strategy, to expert report preparation and assistance at deposition and trial. The counsel that we work with relies on and respects our attention to detail – trusting our ability to identify important case nuances and to assist in developing case strategy.
For each case in which we are involved we ensure that our facts and opinions are presented in a clear and concise manner, that we have an in-depth knowledge of all evidence, and most importantly, that we prepare and present a defensible position. As a result, we are often asked by counsel to identify flaws in an opposing expert’s report and to assist in examining their conclusions and preparing a rebuttal report.
Mackinac Partners has the expertise and credentials to help support your legal team’s most challenging litigation matters related to business transactions and financial performance. Please contact us to learn more about Mackinac Partners Litigation Support and Dispute Advisory Services.