Mackinac Partners assists lenders, equity investors and developers in managing liquidity pressures, loan maturities, impending foreclosures and operations of distressed and non-distressed portfolios/properties. Our professionals understand market dynamics and quickly assess key issues such as valuation, feasibility, development, creditor and lender pressures, and acquisition and disposition options. We work collaboratively to develop and implement comprehensive solutions that include negotiating debt with borrowers/lenders, developing plans to recapitalize troubled properties, and helping to liquidate unprofitable portfolios and under-performing assets.
REO and Lender Advisory
Mackinac Partners has considerable expertise in managing distressed real estate portfolios. We advise financial institutions in the position of controlling the development or sale of a portfolio of real estate assets, with assistance including:
- Perform financial modeling
- Analyze portfolio valuation
- Advise on development options
- Manage due diligence
- Implement portfolio and property sales.
Mackinac Partners regularly works with management or investors to enhance current portfolio holdings and implement opportunistic transactions, with assistance including:
- Develop strategic objectives
- Prepare market and feasibility overviews
- Perform due diligence
- Prepare financial models and advise on valuation issues
- Negotiate transactions
- Place capital
- Monitor liquidity/performance
- Plan post-transaction development.
Mackinac Partners assists sellers in repositioning portfolios and advises stakeholders in protecting value, including as part of a bankruptcy filing or in a court-appointed fiduciary role, with assistance including:
- Assess valuation, feasibility and liquidity
- Analyze disposition scenarios
- Establish pricing guidelines
- Prepare sales offerings
- Oversee due diligence
- Negotiate transactions.
Mackinac Partners provides asset management solutions to maximize the value of our clients’ assets on an ongoing basis, with assistance including:
- Implement business plan
- Monitor portfolio
- Provide reporting for lenders and investors
- Provide management oversite.