Matt is a Director with considerable expertise in financial analysis, restructuring, cash flow modeling and liquidity assessments, due diligence and valuations. Matt has advised companies within various sectors including information technology, materials, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, and retail.
Oil & gas exploration and production company:
- Provided financial advisory services to Gulfport Energy as part of their $1.8 billion chapter 11 restructuring.
- Led the financial analysis which resulted in a $2.5 million settlement on $1.1 billion in unlawful trespass litigation claims, a highly favorable outcome for the debtor.
- Managed liquidity, disbursements, and cash flow reporting on a weekly basis.
- Managed various bankruptcy reporting requirements.
Midstream oil & gas company:
- Managed daily liquidity and prepared a weekly cash flow forecast.
- Prepared first day motions for a potential bankruptcy filing in the event out-of-court restructuring negotiations failed.
Consumer retail company:
- Created a liquidation analysis and accompanying wind-down plan for a +$400M revenue arts and crafts retailer with 150 locations.
- Managed the weekly cash flow forecast along with weekly KPIs tracking progress and recoveries from the ongoing liquidation.
- Liaised with the ad-hoc UCC and successfully kept the company out of court throughout the wind-down process.
Plastics manufacturing company:
- Supported a $300 million revenue company with a review of operations that explored several strategic options including plant consolidations, business unit spin-offs, and a debt refinancing.
- Developed cash flow projections to help the company conserve liquidity while finding capital solutions and conducting negotiations with senior creditors.
IT hardware manufacturing company:
- Completed an in-depth analysis of the TAM and NPV of the company’s various product offerings.
- Resulted in the company jettisoning loss-making initiatives, which enabled the firm to return to profitability and right-size the capital structure.
For-profit education company:
- Assisted with the due diligence and execution of a strategic acquisition.
- Prepared pro forma financial projections and developed a wind-down budget for certain operations.
Matt previously served as an Associate within Alvarez and Marsal’s Turnaround and Restructuring practice. Additionally, Matt has also been employed at several leading buy-side and sell-side financial institutions. He previously worked as a Data Analyst at Soros Fund Management, a large global investment firm with $26 billion under management. Prior to that, Matt served as an Associate with Goldman Sachs & Co’s Finance division in New York, and as a Credit Analyst for JPMorgan Chase & Co in Dallas.
Matt earned his Bachelors of Business Administration with a major in Finance from the Rawls College of Business at Texas Tech University. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and a Certified Insolvency & Restructuring Advisor (CIRA).
View Other Professionals