Sherry is a Director with 10 years of experiences working with clients to resolve complicated financial and operational problems. In the last 4 years, Sherry has focused on helping companies in financially or operationally distressed situations by managing their working capital and liquidity positions as well as business planning and strategic alternatives.
Select Restructuring Engagements:
Hexion Inc. (Chapter 11 – emerged Jul 2019)
- Managed supplier relationship and communication pre-and post-bankruptcy filing
- Prepared first day vendor-related motions and their responses
American Tire Distributors (Chapter 11 – emerged Dec 2018)
- Managed post-petition vendor disbursement in compliance with the DIP covenants
- Transitioned Company’s borrowing base preparation process from monthly to weekly cadence
Gymboree Group (Chapter 11 – emerged Sep 2017)
- Built 13-week cash flow model
- Managed bankruptcy due diligence for the company
- Managed the liquidation process for 300+ underperforming stores and excess inventory
Trucking Company (out-of-court restructuring)
- Built 13-week cash flow model, variance reports, and stakeholders liquidity position communications
- Managed daily cash disbursement
- Improved AR cash conversion and reduced aged out AR.
Select Performance Improvement Engagements:
- Assisted a 2,000 MW power plant operator on strategic alternatives by developing a plant shut-down scenario-based business plan development and supported negotiations with the supplier and its parent company
- Implemented a sourcing strategy to modernize infrastructure, reduce IT costs, and identify CapEx improvement opportunities for a multinational electricity and gas utility
- Implemented FP&A and management reporting process improvement for a ports and stevedoring company and re-designed the company’s fixed asset register
- Identified 20% of overhead cost savings for a waste management company and developed an implementation plan which allowed the company to be successfully taken private
- Built 13-week cash flow models for PE-backed companies upon deal close to assist working capital adjustments and revolver sizing.
Before joining Accordion / Mackinac, Sherry served as a senior vice president at AlixPartners. There, she supported the chapter 11 preparation & process, vendor management, GOB & liquidation process, due diligence management, cost reduction strategy, FP&A processes redesign, budgeting, real estate footprint optimization and inventory liquidation, wind-down, and alternative strategic advisory. She has worked with companies across various industries including retail, transportation, power, wholesaler, healthcare, chemical, and industrial.
Sherry has a Master of Science in Finance from Purdue University’s Krannert School of Management and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Columbia University.View Other Professionals